My Oakland law office is dedicated to the defense of adults and juveniles accused of crime.
Criminal charges are serious and can have life-altering consequences. Freedom, family, and finances are almost always at stake. Do not face these charges alone and without the expert legal help of a local criminal attorney like Robert Byers.
I am a criminal defense attorney who is a native Bay Area resident. I am familiar with the people and places which make up our diverse community. I'm fluent in Spanish and an inveterate student of human nature. My life experience with my keen observation skills make me one of the most skilled negotiators and effective trial attorneys in the Bay Area.
These are typical cases i defend in the Oakland/Hayward/San Francisco bay area:
- Marijuana and Drugs: The War on Drugs is upon us and shows no immediate signs of letting up . . . <more>
- DUI's and Driving Offenses: These are especially common on the roadways just east of the Bay Bridge . . . <more>
- Fraud and White Collar Crime: Financial scrutiny is increasing common in the age of financial crisis . . .<more>
- Domestic Violence: Our homes and personal lives are increasingly intertwined with the criminal justice system . . . <more>
- Sexual Crimes and Offenses: Mere allegations of sexual misconduct are serious because of their stigmatizing effect . . . <more>
- Firearms, Guns and Assault Weapons: America loves her guns and the laws concerning those guns can be quite confusing . . . <more>
- Assault, Homicide and Crimes of Violence: Violence has always been a defining element of American society . . . <more>
- Expunging, Sealing, and Cleaning Records in Alameda or San Francisco Counties: How do I reduce or dismiss my charges? How do I clean my record? How do I seal my arrest records?. . . <more>